Today’s episode is sponsored by University of California, Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open! Today’s episode is also sponsored by ModCloth, purveyor of unique clothing and accessories featuring an inclusive size range that celebrates all women. Listen to the episode for exclusive offers and promo codes from our sponsors.
It’s hard to see your kid struggling. During times of family stress, self-care becomes even more elusive than ever, even though it’s that much more more important. In Episode 153, Asha and Christine talk about how to find peace in the midst of family struggles. They offer compassionate, realistic advice that parents can put to work right now, and provide big-picture perspective shifts and practical in-the-moment strategies that come from a place of empathy. They also give you permission to leave unhelpful advice by the side of the road and give you a script for how to respond.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- The Edit Your Life Managing Stress Playlist (all the episodes below in a single Soundcloud playlist!)
- Episode 138: Everyday Stress Management
- Episode 135: Parenting Through Fear [guest interview with Jonathan Baxter]
- Episode 130: Stretched Too Thin [guest interview with Jessica Turner]
- Episode 124: How To Create Your Village
- Episode 119: Modeling Imperfection [Rebroadcast]
- Episode 118: Coping With Parenting + Work Overwhelm [guest interview with Jonathan Baxter]
- Episode 116: Tackling Challenges + Insecurities
- Episode 97: Moving Forward Under Stress
- Episode 61: Negotiating Time In Relationships
- Episode 52: Navigating New Parenthood
- Episode 45: Letting Go of the Hero Role
- Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
Question Of The Week
Is there a book or website that helped you through a period of family struggle? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.