Today’s episode is sponsored by Blinkist, the only app that distills the key takeaways from thousands of nonfiction books into 15 minutes of content you can read or listen to. Today’s episode is also sponsored by University of California, Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open.
Listen to this week’s episode for exclusive deals from our sponsors!
Let’s face it; becoming a parent is weird. All of a sudden we’re faced with the biggest responsibility of our lives: growing another human being. The good news? Parenting ingenuity is an endlessly renewable resource!
In Episode 152, Asha interviews Hillary Frank, creator of The Longest Shortest Time podcast and author of Weird Parenting Wins: Bathtub Dining, Family Screams, and other Hacks from the Parenting Trenches. Asha and Hillary talk about the pervasive feeling of failure that can accompany parenting, the Internet’s ability to create parenting community, Hillary and Asha’s favorite parent hacks, and more.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Weird Parenting Wins (Hillary’s book), including upcoming book events
- The Longest Shortest Time podcast
- Parent Hacks (Asha’s blog)
- Other content by/with Hillary: Parenting Looks Nothing Like What the Experts Say(The Atlantic), The Special Misogyny Reserved For Mothers (The New York Times), How To Record A Great Interview With Your Kid (At Any Age) (Illustoria), Fresh Air interview with Hillary Frank
- Hillary’s young adult novels: Better Than Running At Night, The View From The Top, I Can’t Tell You
- Pelvic floor resources from Hillary: Longest Shortest Time episode on pelvic floor PT+ pelvic floor Q&A Hangout with a PT; how to find a pelvic floor PT near you
- Related episode: Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
Question Of The Week
What’s one of your favorite weird parenting wins? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.