Today’s episode is sponsored by Care/of, a monthly subscription vitamin service that delivers completely personalized vitamin and supplement packs right to your door. For an exclusive discount from our sponsor, tune into the episode!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by University of California, Irvine’s Division of Continuing Education. Spring quarter is coming up and registration is open! Visit ce.uci.edu/podcast to learn more.
Last day to register for our 21-Day Productivity E-Retreat!Sign up now (registration closes at midnight ET/9pm PT; e-retreat begins 2/1/19)
How do we encourage our kids to work hard while keeping school achievement hype in perspective? How do we balance supporting our kids without micromanaging them? In Episode 149 of the Edit Your Life podcast, Christine and I share our evolving experiences as parents of high school- and college students, and give parents permission to pause, breathe, and remember that education is much bigger than school.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you (real talk from Asha)
- Christine’s library haul including These Truths by Jill Lepore
- Episode 125: Serendipity Space [Rebroadcast]
- Episode 121: Choosing The Right College [guest interview with Lisa Heffernan]
- Episode 83: Editing End Of School Year Chaos [Rebroadcast]
- Episode 81: Reducing High School + College Stress [guest interview with Gabrielle Blair]
- Episode 51: Sane Sports Parenting
- Episode 48: Easing Back To School Transitions
- Episode 30: Parenting Passionate Kids
- Episode 29: Editing Extracurricular Pressure
- Episode 10: How To Handle Homework
Question Of The Week
What’s your family’s best coping strategy during stressful times? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page — look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page.
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.