his week’s episode is sponsored by Warby Parker, retailer of designer prescription eyewear at revolutionary prices. Go to warbyparker.com/eyl to order your free Home Try-Ons. (No code necessary.)
On November 6, Americans will have the opportunity to vote for a record number of women running for public office. One who burst onto the scene last year is former fighter pilot and mother of three Amy McGrath, the Democratic candidate for Kentucky’s 6th US House district. In Episode 136 of Edit Your Life, we rebroadcast Christine’s November 2017 interview with Amy. In this wide-ranging, personal conversation, Christine and Amy talk about finding and using your voice, how best to support kids, the pivotal moment that prompted Amy to run for Congress, and how she’s juggling the demands of family life while on the campaign trail.
Click “play” above to listen. If the player isn’t visible, listen directly at SoundCloud.com, or use a podcast app on your phone or tablet. Not sure how? Click here for directions.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Amy McGrath’s “Told Me” campaign announcement video
- Photo of Amy + Christine (behind Christine’s smile she is FREAKING OUT INSIDE)
- Amy McGrath For Congress website (her history, key issues, etc.)
- Should you feel inspired to donate to Amy McGrath’s campaign!
- Organizations working to support new/women candidates: Emily’s List, She Should Run, Emerge America, Run for Something
- Amy McGrath’s Chelsea Handler interview
- Lizzie Fletcher for Congress (Texas)
- Violet’s note
- Related Edit Your Life episode: Editing In Passion Projects
Question Of The Week
Which candidate do you hope wins their election on November 6? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.