This week’s episode is sponsored by Epic! Visit getepic.com and use promo code EDIT for two months free!
The kids are back to school and (totally related) we’re back to our regular weekly schedule! We’re kicking things off with something light and fun: a rundown of our current media favorites. In Episode 132 of Edit Your Life, Christine and I talk about the books, TV shows, movies and podcasts that have us laughing, thinking, learning, and relaxing right now.
Click “play” above to listen. If the player isn’t visible, listen directly at SoundCloud.com, or use a podcast app on your phone or tablet. Not sure how? Click here for directions.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- 45 Must-Read Books (Christine’s crowdsourced list of “can’t put them down” reads)
- Book: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- Book: An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Book: Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- Book: The Woman In The Window by A.J. Finn
- Book: The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin
- Book: Good Food, Great Medicine: A Mediterranean Diet and Lifestyle Guide by Miles and Mea Hassell
- Book: The Bright Side of Disaster by Katherine Center
- Movie: Crazy Rich Asians
- Movie: RGB
- Movie: Leave No Trace
- Movie: Captain Fantastic
- Movie: The Harry Potter series (watched with teens)
- TV: Alone
- TV: American Ninja Warrior
- TV: Boston Red Sox baseball games
- Podcast: Katie Couric
- Podcast: The Daily
- Related episode: Episode 13: Raising Readers (Guilt-Free!) [guest interview with Amy Mascott]
- Related episode: Episode 56: Letting Go + Making Leaps [guest interview with Dr. Ken Jeong — one of the stars of one of our media picks, Crazy Rich Asians!]
- Related episode: Episode 128: Prioritizing Joy + Optimism [guest interview with Katherine Center]
- Earlier Media & Entertainment Favorites episodes, Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, and Vol.4
Question Of The Week
What are you reading/watching/listening to right now? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.