When you’re swamped by the demands of work and early parenting, it can feel like finding your community is just another chore on an endless to-do list. And yet it’s during those early years when you most need support! In Episode 124 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha respond to a listener who isn’t sure how to begin building community around her family. They offer big picture + practical recommendations for how to create your village and build community, starting with activities that are already part of your everyday life.
Click “play” above to listen. If the player isn’t visible, listen directly at SoundCloud.com, or use a podcast app on your phone or tablet. Not sure how? Click here for directions.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Emily McDowell’s online shop (perfect cards & gifts for awkward situations)
- Related episode: Episode 118: Coping With Parenting + Work Overwhelm [guest interview with Jonathan Baxter]
- Related episode: Episode 8: Finding Your Fringe Hours (guest interview with Jessica Turner)
- Related episode: Episode 58: Improving Relationship Communication (guest interview with Jonathan Baxter)
- Related episode: Episode 28: Learning To Compromise Well (guest interview with Jonathan Baxter)
- Related episode: Episode 61: Negotiating Time In Relationships
Question Of The Week
What’s one simple thing that has helped you build community? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.