Last week’s episode on coping with parenting and work overwhelm clearly touched a nerve for many listeners; part of the overwhelm being related to persistent, nagging anxiety about not being able to do things “right.” But there’s a lot of power in periodic stumbles and falls, and, often, positive surprises as a result. In Episode 119 of Edit Your Life, Christine and I rebroadcast 8 tips for modeling imperfection, and share how our respective journeys embracing and modeling imperfection have gone in the two years since the original broadcast.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Edit Your Life Episode 118: Coping With Parenting + Work Overwhelm (interview with Jonathan Baxter)
- Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg
- Why kids can benefit from your bad days (because bad days are perfectly imperfect and normal)
- Episode 21: Saying Yes To Saying No
- Episode 45: Letting Go of the Hero Role
- Episode 77: Parenting Do-Overs
- Edit Your Life Episode 79: The Joy of Tweens and Teens
- Episode 97: Moving Forward Under Stress
- Episode 116: Tackling Challenges + Insecurities
Question Of The Week
How have you modeled imperfection for your kids? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.