Facing challenges makes us stronger, but that doesn’t mean it feels great in the moment. Hard things are…hard. No matter how many successes we’ve had in the past, many of us still struggle with self-doubt. How do we respond? In Episode 116 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha talk about their own battles with insecurity and imposter syndrome. They share 7 practical tips for tackling life’s challenges with confidence, or, at least, with self-compassion.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Related episode: Episode 25: Taming Your Inner Rebel
- Related episode: Episode 45: Letting Go of the Hero Role
- Related episode: Episode 110: Untangling Overparenting [guest interview with Jessica Lahey]
- Lucrecer Braxton’s Watercolor Custom Word of the Year
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The blog post in which Christine shared her feeling of failure around infertility
- Christine’s BMI post
- Keep Going tee-shirt from Brave New World Designs (Christine and Jon’s shop)
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown (she talks about the stories we tell ourselves)
- Christine hit her “humble goal” of Swiss meringue buttercream frosting!
- One of our “this is an experiment” heroes: Meagan Francis of The Mom Hourpodcast and the Life, Listened podcast network
Question Of The Week
What is the last challenge you’ve navigated successfully? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.