High fives to episode sponsor Ladder! Ladder provides life insurance for modern families with a streamlined, online process that gives you an instant decision. Pop over to ladderlife.com and answer a few quick questions to get a free quote!
One of the challenges of adulting includes tackling hard-but-necessary adult tasks, like making a will, buying insurance, and saving for retirement. We know these big jobs are important, but they can be so intimidating it’s tempting to keep putting them off…forever. This episode is for anyone who gets anxious about these tasks, or who doesn’t know how to begin.
In Episode 111 of Edit Your Life, Christine and Asha share own experiences tackling adult life planning basics. They go on to offer baby steps for getting started on the big tasks, including making a will, buying life insurance, saving for college, and saving for retirement.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- 5 ways to get past baggage and tackle adult things (Boston Mamas)
- Related episode: Editing Your Financial Fears [Interview with Sandra Gilpatrick]
- Jane Bryant Quinn’s Making The Most of Your Money
- The One-Page Financial Plan by Carl Richards
- Quicken Willmaker Plus software
- NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) (excellent resource for finding a fee-based financial planner)
- Nolo Press — fantastic background information on estate planning
- Looking Out for Yourself With Disability Insurance (NY Times)
- What is a 529 Plan? (Saving For College website)
- Target-date Mutual Funds for Retirement (Vanguard)
Question Of The Week
What is your favorite financial planning book or website? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.