High fives to our episode sponsor Epic!, a super cool, giant (25,000 titles!) digital library for kids 12 and under. Hop on over to getepic.com and get two free months of unlimited reading on Epic! by using the promo code edityourlife.
Often, the simplest holiday rituals are the ones we love the most. In Episode 107 of Edit Your Life, Christine and I encourage you to take the pressure off creating the picture-perfect holiday season by embracing simple rituals YOUR family enjoys. We share 8 easy rituals — from neighborhood light walks to local craft fairs to building LEGO sets — in the hopes of inspiring your own low-key holiday fun.
Note: We’re taking a two-week holiday break and will be back with a new episode on January 11, 2018. Happy holidays, friends!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Related episode: Ep. 106: Guilt-Free Get Togethers
- Related episode: Ep. 105: Editing Your Holiday Gift List
- Elf on the Shelf (Asha took a cheap shot at this ritual, but lots of people love it…see next link!)
- It’s OK to be “That” Elf on the Shelf Mom (by our good friend Jessica Turner on her blog The Mom Creative)
- The backstory on the Boston – Halifax Christmas tree
- Boston Winter at City Hall Plaza in Boston
- Boston Public Market
- Christmas Ships (a Portland, OR tradition)
- 10 easy DIY food gifts + 15 (more) easy DIY food gifts (Boston Mamas)
- 10 clutter free, kid-crafted gifts, including the cookie cutter bird feeders mentioned on the show (Boston Mamas)
- LEGO Winter Village sets at Amazon
- Elf & Die Hard (Asha’s favorite holiday movies)
Question Of The Week
What is your favorite holiday ritual? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.