So we were planning on taking a break this week but then an amazing interview opportunity came our way, so welcome to our first ever bonus episode! In Episode 103 of Edit Your Life, Christine interviews Kentucky Congressional candidate Amy McGrath. In this wide-ranging, personal conversation, they talk about:
- finding and using your voice
- the simplest ways parents can support kids
- the challenges of being a woman in a male-dominated field
- the pivotal moment that led to her decision to run for Congress
- the key non-partisan issues Amy cares about
- how people can best support candidates
- and how she’s juggling campaign life with being a mom of 3 kids 5 and under.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Edit Your Life Episode 97: Moving Forward Under Stress
- Amy McGrath “Told Me” campaign announcement video
- Photo of Amy + Christine (behind Christine’s smile she is FREAKING OUT INSIDE)
- Amy McGrath For Congress website (her history, key issues, etc.)
- Should you feel inspired to donate to Amy McGrath’s campaign!
- Organizations working to support new/women candidates: Emily’s List, She Should Run, Emerge America, Run for Something
- Amy McGrath’s Chelsea Handler interview
- Lizzie Fletcher for Congress (Texas)
- Violet’s note
- Related Edit Your Life episode: Editing In Passion Projects
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.