The stress associated with high school education and college entrance is legendary. But is it necessary? In Episode 81 of Edit Your Life, I interview Gabrielle Blair, creator of the Design Mom blog and mother of six, about her family’s low-stress, high-trust approach to their kids’ educations. We discuss what the phrase “good school” really means, what happens when kids stray from the traditional school path, and how to be involved without being engulfed by worry.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Ralph graduating early (at Gabrielle Blair’s blog, Design Mom)
- Don’t stress about school (Design Mom)
- School report (Design Mom)
- College tour report (Design Mom)
- College tour advice from Design Mom readers
- Maude in Paris (Design Mom)
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you (Parent Hacks)
- Momversation: Should you pull your kid out of school for “life experience?” (Asha’s video conversation in 2010)
- Episode 51: Sane Sports Parenting
- Episode 48: Easing Back To School Transitions
- Episode 40: Editing End of School Year Chaos
- Episode 32: Letting Kids Experience Risk
- Episode 30: Parenting Passionate Kids
- Episode 10: How To Handle Homework
- Episode 2: Simplifying Back To School
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, and episode ideas.
Work with us
Email us at email@example.com to discuss episode sponsorship. We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, family and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes.