So here’s the thing: we all know it’s a good thing to get kids in the kitchen, but the prospect of the mess and hassle can be daunting. In Episode 80, Christine and I share 10 tips for teaching kids to find inspiration in the kitchen and get cooking — notably, in a low-stress way spanning the toddler through teen years. Because hello, move-out skills!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Parent Hacks
- Minimalist Parenting
- Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- Episode 32: Letting Kids Experience Risk
- Christine’s Instagram (includes lots of food photos!)
- Christine’s daughter Violet frosting a cake
- Asha’s Parent Hacks Instagram
- Kids with knives: part 1 and part 2
- Zyliss plastic knife (a starter option for kids)
- Food inspiration: Kids Baking Championship, MasterChef Junior, Food Network Magazine, Buzzfeed cooking videos
- Asha recommends these recipes for Quick, easy pizza dough and Vietnamese Salad Rolls
- Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Episode 14: Weekday Dinner Solutions
- Episode 35: Teaching Kids About Money
- Episode 59: Relaxed Entertaining
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, and episode ideas.
Work with us
Email us at email@example.com to discuss episode sponsorship. We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, family and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes.