What is up with the fear of, and stigma around, aging? We all age, so why not embrace it fully? In Episode 76, Christine and I talk with Karen Walrond (in person at the BE Conference in Austin) about her photo project focused on women over 40 and how it evolved into the new book Make Light: Stories of Bright Sparks, Slow Burns, and Thriving Out Loud. We talk about embracing age, intention setting and life mission statements, finding light in the world, and how thriving is a way you move through life.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- The BE Conference (where Christine, Asha, and Karen recorded this episode)
- Karen Walrond (of Chookooloonks)
- Karen’s books: Make Light: Stories of Bright Sparks, Slow Burns, and Thriving Out Loud + The Beauty of Different
- Karen’s Instagram: @heychookooloonks
- Erin Loechner (who we interviewed in Episode 67: Chasing Slow)
- Edit Your Life Episode 75: Women + Mentorship
- Soledad O’Brien
- Karen’s thoughts on war councils
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, and episode ideas.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode of Edit Your Life.
Work with us!
Email us at email@example.com to discuss episode sponsorship. We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, family and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes.