These days it’s not easy to go slow. Or if you want to go slow, it often feels as if you’re going against the tide. In Episode 67, Christine and I interview Erin Loechner, founder of Design for Mankind, co-host of The Simple Show podcast, and author of Chasing Slow. We discuss the individual complexities of how to get to your slow, decoupling self-esteem and happiness from perfection and control, how surrender is an essential part of parenting, reconciling loving beauty and stuff with wanting to simplify, and the challenges of chasing slow in the age of social media.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Design for Mankind (Erin’s blog)
- The Simple Show (the podcast Erin co-hosts)
- Chasing Slow (Erin’s book)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Marie Kondo’s decluttering book)
- Edit Your Life Episode 28: Learning To Compromise Well
- Edit Your Life Episode 65: Decluttering With Kids
- Gabrielle Blair of Design Mom
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com with thoughts, questions, episode ideas, or sponsorship enquiries.