As much as we love the holidays, let’s be honest — they often come with a lot of crap (both emotional and physical). It’s ironic that gift-giving can turn stressful; we feel obligated to buy stuff for people who (like us) are probably trying to declutter their own lives! In Episode 63 of Edit Your Life, we revisit an earlier conversation about sane holiday gifting. We share 9 ideas for how to relax the craziness around gifts — keeping the physical crap to a minimum without tamping down generosity.
This is the last episode of the year! We’ll be back with all-new episodes in January. Happy holidays!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- 30 Service Projects To Help Bring Extended Families Back Together – No Matter How They Voted (a great collection of ideas curated by Asha and Melissa Sher)
- 5 Ways To Gift With Intention (Christine’s article at Mom2)
- How to get relatives on board with clutter-free gifting (Boston Mamas)
- charity:water (the best $30 gift: clean drinking water for someone who has none)
- The 4-gift Christmas challenge (Money Saving Sisters)
- Make your minimalist holiday manifesto (Boston Mamas)
- Clutter-free food gifts: 10 ideas + 15 more ideas (Boston Mamas)
- Gifts kids can make: 14 ideas + 10 clutter-free ideas (Boston Mamas)
- The gift of time: experiential gifts + gratitude and reconnection (Boston Mamas)
- Putting yourself first during the holidays (Boston Mamas)
- Homemade chai concentrate (Parent Hacks)
- DIY: Easy half-moon pendant (Design Mom)
- 6 DIY necklaces kids can make (Handmade Charlotte)
- DIY citrus scrub + coffee scrub (Petit Elefant)
- Hot chocolate on a stick + chocolate dipped candy canes (Make and Takes)
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, episode ideas, or sponsorship enquiries.