Too often we let household to-do’s and entertaining “shoulds” get in the way of simply being with people in our homes. Inspired by online articles about “scruffy” and “crappy” entertaining, in Episode 59, Christine and I share 8 tips for how to have people over and lower the expectations in a way such that the goal is not necessarily to be crappy but to enjoy the company of loved ones.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- In Praise of Scruffy Hospitality (Mother Nature Network)
- Why Scruffy Hospitality Makes Space for Friendship: by Jack King, an Anglican priest in Knoxville, TN
- 5 Rules for Hosting a Crappy Dinner Party (and Seeing Your Friends More Often) (The Kitchn)
- Edit Your Life Episode 53: Podcasts In Our Playlist Right Now
- Edit Your Life Episode 6: Serendipity Space
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, episode ideas, or sponsorship enquiries. And if you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review.