Becoming your own boss can be both awesome and overwhelming; sometimes it’s hard to know where to start and how to improve as you go. In Episode 57, we riff about being “mom bosses” and we share Christine’s interview with Nicole Feliciano, author of the new book Mom Boss – a start-up manual for mom entrepreneurs. Nicole is a fashion industry veteran turned online media rock star and the founder of MomTrends.com. In this candid interview, Nicole and Christine talk about mom guilt, mission statements, money, building a team, not doing things you don’t want to do, gratitude, and lessons learned.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- MomTrends (Nicole’s website)
- Mom Boss: Balancing Entrepreneurship, Kids and Success (Nicole’s new book)
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- Essentialism (a book Nicole recommends re: making yes/no decisions based on mission statements)
- Karen Walrond of Chookooloonks (one of our colleagues who is passionate about mission statements)
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop
- WeWork (where Nicole’s team works)
- Carley Roney of The Knot (a source of inspiration for Nicole)
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with thoughts, questions, episode ideas, or sponsorship enquiries. And if you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review.