Back to school season is tough for many families — not just because of logistics such as adjusting to new routines and re-engaging in the dreaded lunch making, but also because the transition can lead to anxiety for both kids and parents. In Episode 48 of Edit Your Life, Christine and I share our experiences plus 8 tips to help ease back to school transitions.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Edit Your Life Episode 2: Simplifying Back To School
- Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
- Susan Cain’s Quiet Podcast (We recommend Episode 9: Parenting the Highly Sensitive Child)
- Coping with kindergarten transitions (Boston Mamas)
- Advocating for your kid in school when you really want the teacher to like you (Parent Hacks)
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
Tell Us What You Think
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review. Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Want to sponsor an episode?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.