This episode was brought to you by GoHealth Urgent Care.
Fitness is the foundation of our well-being, yet so many of us struggle to make it a daily part of our lives, whether that’s due to time pressure, motivation, or even negative associations with sports growing up.
In Episode 39 of the Edit Your Life podcast, Christine and I talk about 8 common fitness pitfalls and offer practical solutions to handle the obstacles and get moving — all without needing a ton of time, money, or grand goals.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Karen Walrond of Chookooloonks
- Asha’s Mom and Dad!
- Christine’s Lifestyle Solutions video series
- New York Times Well: Really, Really Short Workouts
- Christine’s experience trying a juice cleanseThe Four-Day Win by Martha Beck (fitness-related habit change by taking ridiculously easy steps)
- Man PJs (my dad’s preferred exercise clothes)
- Yoga Studio app (Christine’s at-home go-to when she can’t get to an actual yoga studio…which is 98% of the time)
- Couch To 5K (the program that kicked off Christine’s running journey)
- Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
Thanks to episode sponsor GoHealth Urgent Care
GoHealth Urgent Care treats each and every person with a superior level of care and kindness. Offering effortless access to care through online check-ins, walk in appointments, integrated medical records, and modern facilities, GoHealth Urgent Care offers a superior level of care and empathy without sacrificing speed or convenience. They currently offer locations in New York, Oregon, Washington, and California and have plans to expand across the country. GoHealth Urgent Care partners with leading health care systems to give you a best-in-class network of providers for after care – perfect for when your primary care physician is unavailable and you don’t need the emergency room. GoHealth Urgent Care is here to offer a more emotionally gratifying experience than traditional urgent care. Because when you matter, you shouldn’t have to wait, or be rushed out and forgotten.
Tell Us What You Think
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review. Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.