It’s easy to put yourself last on the priority list, particularly when you’re in the trenches of early parenting or are overwhelmed by the daily challenges and demands of, well, LIFE. But (you know what I’m going to say) it’s during those times when you need “me” time most.
In Episode 38 of Edit Your Life, Christine and I discuss the moving target that is “me” time, and share 10 doable strategies that challenge the mindset that self-care is selfish.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- The Girl Next Door podcast (thanks for inspiring us to cover this topic, Kelsey!)
- EYL Episode 12: Taming the E-mail Beast
- Are you a martyr mom? (I get honest)
- 6 things you can stop doing (I wrote this years ago for Babble, and it still applies)
- Self-care is not selfish (Christine’s Huffington Post article)
- EYL Episode 21: Saying Yes to Saying No
- EYL Episode 28: Learning to Compromise Well
- Jessica Ashley of Single Mom Nation
- Christine’s favorite yoga app
- Christine’s recent (amazing!) experience with a personal shopper
Tell Us What You Think
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review. Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.