All we really want for ourselves and our children is to be happy. But how do we achieve lasting happiness? “Secrets” abound, but author Neil Pasricha’s take on the topic in his new book The Happiness Equation is fresh, surprising, and (in my opinion) spot-on.
In Episode 37 of Edit Your Life, Neil and I talk about what motivated him to write this book, why ignoring advice (even ours) might be one of the secrets of happiness, and how a few minutes each day spent on a few totally-doable activities are proven to increase your happiness.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- The Happiness Equation (Neil’s newest book)
- The Book of Awesome (The book based on Neil’s blog)
- 1000 Awesome Things (the blog that kicked everything off)
- Neil’s TedX Toronto talk, “The 3 A’s of Awesome”
- Headspace meditation app
- The Institute for Global Happiness (Neil’s consultancy)
- Moleskine Cahier journals (Asha’s favorite journals; inexpensive, not fussy)
Tell Us What You Think
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review. Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.