Money is complicated, which can make teaching our kids about money particularly challenging. In Episode 35 of the Edit Your Life podcast, Christine and I discuss how to teach kids about spending, saving, and giving. We offer 9 tips related to allowance, chores, investing, giving, division of parental/kid spending responsibility, making spending mistakes, and how to navigate social buying pressure.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Edit Your Life Episode 24: Edit Your Financial Fears
- Edit Your Life Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- How to teach kids to budget
- The tooth fairy’s going rate
- 6 things you must know before giving kids allowance
- Put your kids in charge of their money!
- The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money by Ron Lieber (a warm, nonjudgmental read, and one of my favorite books for parents)
Tell Us What You Think
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review. Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.