Family travel can be wonderful, but the logistics can be a total drag and the planning and packing overwhelming, especially when you have little kids. But traveling as a family is the best experiential learning there is — and relaxation is possible. To celebrate the release of my new book, Parent Hacks (yay!), Christine and I share 8 of our favorite family travel hacks — for packing, gear, lodging, food, and schedules — perfect for vacation planning or as you start thinking about summer plans.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks — the book! (+ Asha’s book tour schedule)
- Minimalist travel tips
- Eagle Creek Pack-It System
- MacLaren Triumph (Christine’s workhorse umbrella stroller that she’s used for both Laurel and Violet)
- “Pack toys by the numbers” hack
- Travel archive at Parent Hacks
- 6 satisfying meals to cook with a hotel coffee maker or iron (via Parent Hacks)
- EasyLunchboxes (Christine and Asha pray at the altar of EasyLunchboxes – see Christine’s video)
- Edit Your Life Episode 6: Serendipity Space
- Why Christine was at the White House (and her outfit…ha!)
- Jill Krause of Baby Rabies
Tell Us What You Think
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re enjoying our podcast, please consider leaving a review on iTunes. It’s one of the best ways you can help new listeners find us. Here’s how to leave a review. Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Would your business like to sponsor an episode of the Edit Your Life podcast?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.