Kids’ extracurricular activities. On the one hand, we’re trying to resist the pressure to sign kids up for ALL THE THINGS (which was the topic of our last episode, Part 1 of this series). On the other: supporting, in a balanced way, a kid who has an all-consuming passion for an activity. Episode 30 of Edit Your Life is Part 2 of our discussion about extracurriculars. In this episode, Christine and I discuss the joys and challenges of parenting passionate kids and share 9 tips for both supporting and reigning in that passion.
Talk to us
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- My kid’s passion is forcing me to question the gospel of “balance” (The post that inspired this podcast)
- Christine’s lifestyle solutions video series (including the earbud hack I like)
- Edit Your Life Episode 29: Editing Extracurricular Pressure
- Edit Your Life Episode 27: Modeling Imperfection
- Casey at Life With Roozle
- Edit Your Life Episode 10: How to Handle Homework
- Edit Your Life Episode 21: Saying Yes To Saying No
- Edit Your Life Episode 19: The Upside of Electronics
Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.