Managing extracurricular activities is tricky; sports, extra classes and clubs can be wonderful for your kids but can also overwhelm your family’s day-to-day schedule. Episode 29 of Edit Your Life is the first in a two-part series on extracurriculars. In this episode, Christine and Asha discuss what’s behind the pressure many of us feel to sign our kids up for too many enrichment activities (how many is too many?). We also share 9 tips for editing out the pressure and following the genuine interests of your kids.
Talk to us
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Turning the tide: Inspiring concern for others and the common good through college admissions (Harvard)
- How to raise a creative child. Step one: Back off (NY Times)
- How likely is it, really, that your athletic kid will turn pro? (NPR)
- Probability of competing in sports beyond high school (NCAA)
- Estimated probability of competing in professional athletics (NCAA)
Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.