The never-ending nature of paper clutter — incoming mail, bills, and school papers — is both irritating and anxiety-provoking, and yet most of it can go straight into the recycle bin.
In this episode of Edit Your Life, Asha interviews Erin Doland, Editor in Chief of Unclutterer.com, Real Simple’s organizing columnist and author of the new book, Never Too Busy to Cure Clutter. Asha and Erin discuss the wisdom of handling paper clutter in small bits, note the energy difference between mindful- and mindless organizing, and share practical tips for both handling incoming paper and busting through the paper clutter already filling your house.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Never Too Busy to Cure Clutter (Erin’s new book)
- Minimalist Parenting
- The Lifechanging Magic of Tidying Up
- Edit Your Life Episode 22: Questioning the Konmari Method
- Parent Hacks posts about Paper Organization
- Real Simple magazine
- Teacher Mailbox (for some, a great mail sorter)
- Fujitsu ScanSnap (Erin’s favorite scanner)
- Backblaze and Carbonite (backup services)
Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Talk to us
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.