The notion of modeling behavior for kids makes many parents feel like they’re in the perfection hot seat; if they don’t act like paragons of humanity at all times, they’re setting their kids up for future therapy.
In Episode 27 of the Edit Your Life podcast, Christine and I turn this idea upside down and discuss why embracing and modeling imperfection is good for kids. We offer 8 tips for how to model imperfection, handle perfectionist kids, and use imperfect moments as opportunities for deeper communication and closer relationships.
Talk to us
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Episode 21: Saying Yes To Saying No
- Christine’s unicorn cookies (+ her YouTube channel)
- Asha’s new book, Parent Hacks, with a free gift with purchase before 3/31!
- Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg
- Why kids can benefit from your bad days (because bad days are perfectly imperfect and normal)
Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.