Money is a difficult topic for so many people. There’s fear, baggage, and intimidation in the face of “financial Martian-speak.” In Episode 24 of Edit Your Life, Christine interviews investment professional Sandra Gilpatrick about how to edit your financial fears. Christine and Sandra discuss common stumbling blocks, the intersecting issues of fear and time, and how to gain financial confidence. They also share favorite financial literacy resources, the top three financial goals to focus on right now, and how to find a financial adviser you actually like and trust.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Sandra’s articles on: 4 ways to work towards financial security, how to start saving for college, how to teach kids to budget, and 5 ways to move past the stigma of wills to action
- Edit Your Life Episode 1: Conquering Procrastination
- Sandra’s budget worksheet; her website also has lots of articles, videos, calculators, and resources
- Certified Financial Planner Board: Sandra recommends this nonprofit site for educational resources (e.g., steps to financial confidence, publications) as well as offering a locator tool to help you find a financial professional
- FINRA: Another resource recommended by Sandra
- Investopedia: Offers a financial term of the day to help you learn something new each day
- The Economist (magazine subscription) + Sandra recommends the following interesting articles on: An hereditary meritocracy, America’s new aristocracy, and Anti-choice
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.
Sandra Gilpatrick’s compliance disclaimer: The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly. Securities and Advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor. Member FINRA/SIPC.