Chores represent a double parenting win — you’re teaching your kids life skills while lightening your load. But this seemingly straightforward setup is a constant source of frustration for families. In Episode 26 of Edit Your Life, Christine and I explore why families wrestle with integrating chores into their routine and share 10 tips for getting chores underway in your home.
Talk to us
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- How to get kids to do chores (8 tips from Christine)
- Chores for older kids (Asha shares about the impact of holding her kids accountable for their chores)
- A beautiful way to visually connect chores to allowance (perfect for those who like simple DIYs!)
- Age-appropriate chores for children…and why they’re not doing them (New York Times Motherlode)
- Gem Jars 2.0 (nice positive reward system from Amy Mascott of TeachMama — our Episode 13 guest)
- Allowance: What Works For You? (Jessica Turner — our Episode 8 guest! — hosted a conversation with her readers about allowance. Good feedback in the comments of the post.)
Want to catch up on past episodes? Here’s a complete listing.
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.