There’s something so wonderful about an entirely fresh new year ahead, new starts, blank slates, and all that. But there’s also an expectation about New Year’s resolutions and goal-setting. It can be intimidating!
In our 20th episode of Edit Your Life, Christine and I share nine tips to help you reframe New Year’s resolutions and intention-setting so that you can figure out the right way to set and reach goals — and by “right,” we mean the way that works for YOU.
To listen now, click the orange PLAY button below. To download this episode and listen on your mobile device, launch your podcast app and search for “Edit Your Life.”
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 20 directly on Soundcloud.
Links to things we mentioned during the podcast:
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- About Intention Setting (What’s the deal with resolutions vs. intentions?)
- My Ten Intentions for 2016 (Christine’s 10 intentions…#1 may surprise you)
- 5 Resolution Pitfalls and Solutions (Because pitfalls are inevitable)
- How To Tackle Goals Like a Boss (Christine’s practical tips for tackling goals)
- New Year’s Resolutions for People Who Like Themselves (7 things Asha is focusing on this year)
- A discovery, an apology, and an offer (A brave post from Asha following a fitness challenge)
- Edit Your Life Episode 1: Conquering Procrastination (Because, well, everyone suffers from procrastination from time to time)
- Wunderlist (our favorite free to-do list app)
- Google Sheets (Christine uses simple spreadsheets to map out projects)
- Choosing Ame: “I’m Tired” (Amy’s chosen to prioritize self-care over self-improvement)
- An interview with Erin Condren (Christine and Erin talk about prioritizing self-care)
- Asha’s WDS 2015 talk “How To Be a Grownup” (Asha talks about small steps and course correction)
- Martha Beck’s “The Four-Day Win”
We want to hear from you!
Are you setting New Year’s resolutions or intentions this year? Tell us about it using the #EditYourLifeShow hashtag, or email us at email@example.com. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page.
Support our podcast!
The best way you can support us is to spread the word! Please tell your friends about us, or leave a review on iTunes (which helps new listeners find us). If you’re a business owner and would like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.