The holidays can be wonderful but — let’s be honest — there’s also plenty of crap (be it emotional or physical). Gift-giving can be fueled by obligation, and the “more is better” trap looms large during the holidays.
In this episode, we share 9 ideas for relaxing gift-giving craziness without tamping down generosity, and keeping the physical crap to a minimum.
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 18 directly on Soundcloud.
To listen via your phone or tablet, launch your favorite podcast app and search for Edit Your Life.
Mentioned in the podcast
- Minimalist Parenting
- charity:water (the best $30 gift: clean drinking water for someone who has none)
- The 4-gift Christmas challenge (Money Saving Sisters)
- Make your minimalist holiday manifesto (Boston Mamas)
- Clutter-free food gifts: 10 ideas + 15 more ideas (Boston Mamas)
- Gifts kids can make: 14 ideas + 10 clutter-free ideas (Boston Mamas)
- The gift of time: experiential gifts + gratitude and reconnection (Boston Mamas)
- Putting yourself first during the holidays (Boston Mamas)
- Homemade chai concentrate (Parent Hacks)
- DIY: Easy half-moon pendant (Design Mom)
- 6 DIY necklaces kids can make (Handmade Charlotte)
- DIY citrus scrub + coffee scrub (Petit Elefant)
- Hot chocolate on a stick + chocolate dipped candy canes (Make and Takes)
Talk to us!
How are you keeping your holidays crap-free? Tell us using #EditYourLifeShow or head over to the Edit Your Life Facebook Page and let us know!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at email@example.com.