Modern-day dinners aren’t exactly Rockwellian. More typically, they involve a revolving door of family members tired and hungry after a busy day, with cooks who likely are lacking in motivation or sheer minutes to do a ton of prep work. Fear not! In this episode of Edit Your Life, Christine and I share 9 tips for weekday dinner solutions related to planning (minimalist planning!), efficiency, execution, outsourcing, and general mindshifts about what family dinner really looks like.
To listen, hit the orange “play” button below.
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 14 directly on Soundcloud.
Or listen via your phone or tablet. Launch your favorite podcast app and search for Edit Your Life. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps.
Questions? Want to share your experience? Post your thoughts and tips using the #EditYourLifeShow hashtag or drop a note on the Edit Your Life Facebook page.
Mentioned in the podcast
- Minimalist Parenting
- Edit Your Life Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Edit Your Life Episode 2: Simplifying Back to School
- Examples of Christine’s nibble meals: 1, 2, 3
- Asha’s batch cooking and freezing solution items: Pyrex freezer safe containers + Glad Press’n Seal wrap
- Meal prep services: Christine uses Just Add Cooking (if you’d like, use code REFGVJE to get #20 off your first order) + Blue Apron is a popular one.
- Grocery delivery services: Whole Foods + Peapod
- Asha’s favorite meal planning service: The Six O’Clock Scramble
- Handicorns are real! Christine’s friend Lucrecer sent her this handicorn (available at Amazon)