Do you have a homework battlefield on your hands? Are you trying to figure out how to get your kids into a routine? Are you wondering if you should just stay out of the way let your kids figure it out on their own? Or are you wondering whether to be a rebel and just throw homework out the window?
Boy, do I love this episode (our 10th!)! In it, Christine and I riff on school life (we have plenty to say about why crap homework isn’t necessarily the worst thing). We also share 10 really good tips for handling homework.
How to listen
- Via the web. Hit the “play” button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life.
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 10 directly on Soundcloud.
Mentioned in the podcast
- Minimalist Parenting
- Homework is the worst via Heather Spohr of The Spohrs are Multiplying
- Edit Your Life Episode Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Edit Your Life Episode Episode 6: Serendipity Space
- How to help kids develop homework routines via Boston Mamas
- A bunch of homework tips via Parent Hacks
- The Gift of Failure by Jessica Lahey
- How To Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- NYT Opinion: Should parents help their children with homework? (Food for thought)
- Le Pen (Christine’s favorite pens; the happy colors totally make her more productive!)
- Wunderlist (to-do app we love)
Talk to us
Share your most effective homework strategies. Tell us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page or use the #EditYourLifeShow hashtag on Twitter or Instagram. We love hearing from you.