Halloween is supposed to be fun and simple but for many families it’s turned into a source of excess stress and expense. Let’s just take it down several notches, shall we? In this podcast, we share seven tips — ranging from big picture perspective shifts to tactical strategies around costumes, decor, and dealing with candy — to help you de-stress your Halloween.
How to listen
- Via the web. Hit the “play” button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life.
If you’re not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 11 directly on Soundcloud.
Mentioned in the podcast
- Minimalist Parenting (we talk more about de-stressing holidays in here)
- Edit Your Life Episode Episode 9: Simplifying Birthday Parties
- Bibliomotion (fearless publisher of Minimalist Parenting)
- #dornlovefest #kohmance (the hashtags we use on social media when we’re getting schmoopy on each other)
- Asha and Christine on Halloween! (via Christine’s Instagram)
- Delivering our manuscript in costume (via Christine’s Instagram)
- A roundup of no-sew Halloween costumes (via Boston Mamas)
- Pajama-based Halloween costumes (via Rookie Moms)
- 10 cute (and free!) Halloween printables (via Boston Mamas)
- Halloween candy alternatives (via Boston Mamas)
- More clever Halloween candy alternatives (via Boston Mamas)
- How to handle the Halloween candy craze (via Boston Mamas)
- Candy buy backs + donation (via Boston Mamas)
- Magic Beans (a toy store that does candy trade in)
- Mummy minion door DIY (via Boston Mamas)
- 13 tips for easier pumpkin carving (including not carving it) (via Parent Hacks)
- Kids’ Halloween costumes: 10 tips from Parent Hacks readers
- Turn picnic supplies into Halloween decorations (via Parent Hacks)
- 8 tried-and-true tips for your child’s first Halloween (via Parent Hacks)
- A great hack for remembering how much Halloween candy to buy year-to-year (via Parent Hacks)
- In support of teenage trick-or-treaters (via Parent Hacks)
Talk to us!
How do you de-stress your Halloween? Tell us using the #EditYourLifeShow hashtag or the Edit Your Life Facebook page. We love hearing from you!