How was your Halloween? I hope it was good, simple fun. I went trick-or-treating with my 10 year-old daughter and her friend. The thing I love most is that she relishes going slowly. She admires the decorations, the cool, damp smell of Fall, and the costumes of kids passing by. She's old enough to go alone, but she still wants to walk with me, pointing out the best pumpkins and sneaking Reese's into my jacket pocket.
Halloween also marked the end of Christine's and my #HelpWomenAtRisk campaign. A huge thank you to everyone who participated. I'll get back to you shortly with the results.
In the meantime, here are some links to distract you from your sugar high. Have a wonderful weekend (and, if you think of it, pick up some discounted supplies for next Halloween).
- The How-to Control-Your-Kids'-Candy-Consumption Con (It's Not About Nutrition)
- A hack for remembering how much Halloween candy to buy next year (Parent Hacks)
- A few ideas for using up excess candy (Parent Hacks)
- How we’re making the cash envelope system work for us (The Happiest Home)
- The Not Really Book Reviews Post (Busy Dad Blog)
- Fall Pumpkin Recipe: Stacked Pumpkin Enchiladas (The Scramble)