When Christine and I thought about creating a book trailer, we just couldn’t get excited about filming ourselves talking about the book. We wanted something different…something that captured the message and spirit of Minimalist Parenting without our narration to get in the way.
Thanks to the generous help of several talented photographers, one video editing genius and some royalty-free music, we ended up with a book trailer that went beyond what we ever hoped for. Have a look!
Karen Walrond of Chookooloonks graciously provided her video editing skills — saving our butts, because we know next to nothing about video. She also contributed several stunning photos and helped us choose the music. Karen is the creator of a number of gorgeous videos featuring her photography, including this one that went viral just a short while ago.
Many other skilled photographers contributed their work as well:
- Rachel Matthews of A Southern Fairytale
- Stephanie Precourt of Adventures in Babywearing
- Jen Bolitho of Jen Bolitho Photography
- Jim Lin of Busy Dad Blog
- Stephanie Brubaker of Stephmodo
- Leslie Fandrich (you must check out her Ziggy Stardust costume)
- Irene Nam of Irene Nam Photography
- Maile Wilson of Daily Relish
- Sarah Hubbell of Water Water Everywhere
We are so grateful to these friends (and friends of friends) who shared pictures of their lives and families…they beautifully represent what we were hoping to get across in our trailer.
Christine and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Please embed, share and spread the love!
Related: Karen’s post at Chookooloonks about our book trailer