I was a frustrated picture-hanger! The little hanger hooks on the backs of frames are often crooked, and it's hard to position the pictures on the wall. After a little brainstorming, I came up with the perfect solution: flat thumb tacks!
Here's how I do it:
1. Lay the framed picture face down.
2. Place a thumb tack — pointy side out — where the nail would contact the hanger if the picture were hanging on the wall. If it's a serrated hanger, slide the tack into the notch where the nail would sit. If it's a triangle hanger, slip the tack behind and through the triangle.
3. Hold the tack in place on the frame with a piece of tape.
4. Position your picture on the wall where you want it hang. Ideally, have a partner help you "eyeball."
5. Gently push the frame against the wall. The thumb tack will leave a tiny mark on the wall in the *exact* location where you'll need to place the nail.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I refer to Tracy as a "Parenthacker extraordinaire." *applause*
What's your secret for hanging pictures on the wall without fussing with silly details like measurements or level?