My 2-year old son was coloring with markers and, as you can imagine, managed to get just as much marker on his hands as he did the paper. After he finished coloring, dinner was ready, so I decided to wait until after we ate to get his hands cleaned up. I thought I would just put some hand sanitizer on his hands and he would be fine to eat. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished rubbing the sanitizer on his hands to see that they were perfectly clean. The marker was gone. I then remembered how alcohol is good at removing pen marks from furniture, among other places one would not want ink (I once had to get ink off of my computer monitor with alcohol). Instead of using rubbing alcohol on a child’s hands, hand sanitizer does the trick.
- Edit Your Life Ep. 98: The Four Tendencies (Interview with Gretchen Rubin)
- Edit Your Life Ep. 97: Moving Forward Under Stress [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 96: Downgrading Your Life [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 95: Parenting Siblings
- Episode 94: Raising Tech Positive Kids (Interview with Devorah Heitner)