In our attempt to decorate the nursery on a budget, I kept fussing over the lamp decision. No lamp under $40 looked appropriate for a nursery. Finally, my father-in-law suggested we add a dimmer switch to our overhead light. It was super-easy and cheap (under $15.) We don't have to find our way in the dark to a lamp to check on our son if he wakes, we can barely turn the light on to check on him when we want him to STAY asleep, ewe can work our way brighter in the morning for a nice, gradual wake-up, and we can dim it as bedtime approaches. Now that our son is moving into a "big boy" room to free up the nursery for number two, we will be going to Home Depot for another dimmer switch because it's the one bit of "decorating" that we now can't live without.
- Edit Your Life Ep. 61: Negotiating Time in Relationships
- 30 Service Projects To Help Bring Extended Families Back Together — No Matter How They Voted
- BLACK FRIDAY DEAL: Free Gift with Book Purchase
- Edit Your Life Ep. 59: Relaxed Entertaining
- Refreshing that political news site won’t help your election anxiety. This will.