There's a good discussion going on in the comments of "How to use a star chart to encourage good behavior," interestingly enough, kicked off by an editorial tussle. We're now talking about how rewards can backfire; how kids' natural feelings of accomplishment and pride can get buried by the momentary excitement over a prize. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. (I've turned off comments on this post so the discussion remains in one place.)
- Edit Your Life Ep. 56: Letting Go & Making Leaps
- Edit Your Life Podcast Ep. 55: Work-At-Home Productivity Hacks
- Family vacation out of reach? Here are 6 reasons embrace long weekends for family travel.
- Edit Your Life Ep. 54: De-Stress Your Halloween [Rebroadcast]
- Spiced Apple Teff Breakfast Porridge