I happen to know several of you were at Baby Loves Disco yesterday afternoon, but unfortunately we never managed to meet up. (That’s what I get for not wearing my “I’m the one from Parent Hacks” t-shirt.) No matter — it was an incredible event, and I hope those of you who were able to come had fun, too. The bouncy floor of the Crystal Ballroom was full — in a good way, not a claustrophobic way — of happy kids and their parents. The bubbles were floating, the music was playing (just loud enough), and I managed to squeeze into a sparkly skirt from the dressup box. Over my pants. Barely. My daughter thought I was beautiful, and my son tolerated my silliness.
Here’s what we got:
- a warm welcome from Andy, one of the BLD organizers, dressed in silver sequins
- excellent music spun by Greasy Kid Stuff
- egg- (and booty-) shaking
- hula-hoop spinning
- healthy snacks (thank you thank your for not pumping our children full of chemicals and sugar!)
- coffee for the parents (thank you thank you for providing the grownups with caffiene!)
- chocolate kisses and board books scattered on the tables (okay, so a little sugar)
- time with two dear friends and their kids
- places to sit when we wanted to rest
- free baby books
- free Baby Legs
It was awesome. I hope you get a chance to go, if this kind of thing is your bag. Be sure to buy tickets ahead of time! They had to turn away many shivering families at the door because it was sold out.
The next Parent Hacks meetup, which I have yet to dream up, will be at a free venue, and I will be sure to tell everyone what I’m wearing! Perhaps I’ll don the sparkly skirt again.