With small picky toddlers, sometimes one of the few things they will eat is those canned noodles in tomato sauce, often in special character shapes. But they are horrifically messy, often resulting in bath time and a hosing down of the room afterwards. It took me all the way to child #4 to figure out I could drain off a good portion of the sauce before serving it to them. You could even rinse off most or all of the sauce for older babies who are practicing feeding themselves. Without the sauce, the chunky noodles are easier for them to hang on to before stuffing them in their mouth. And there's less tomato sauce in their hair, too.
- Episode 94: Raising Tech Positive Kids (Interview with Devorah Heitner)
- Edit Your Life Ep. 93: Helping Kids Handle Disappointment [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 92: Media & Entertainment Favorites (Vol. 3)
- Edit Your Life Ep. 91: Taking a Stand Against Hate
- Edit Your Life Ep. 90: Easing Back to School Transitions [Rebroadcast]