One of my least favorite aspects of back-to-school clothes shopping (any clothes shopping for that matter) is removing the tags, stickers, and other plastic thingamabobs from the clothes once I get them home. I'm always left scrabbling on the floor, trying to pick up stray bits.
My new method turns all the label detritus into a single, easy-to-toss package. Here it is:
- Put the shopping bags on the bed.
- Grab a pair of scissors (I can't tell you how many holes I've put in shirts trying to yank out the plastic tags).
- Pull the size sticker from the first article of clothing, and lay it, sticky-side up, on the bed.
- Cut the tag off the first article clothing, and stick it (along with both sides of the plastic tag holder) onto the size sticker.
- Repeat till you're done. All the tags will be stuck to the sticker, which you can easily throw away.
- Throw the clothes in the wash, or fold and put away.
- File the clothing receipts for a week or two till you're sure nothing needs to be returned or exchanged.