Gretchen Rubin is the woman behind The Happiness Project, in which she spends a year testing every theory she can find on how to be happy. Here’s her take on how to become a more light-hearted parent. All of her suggestions are good, but my personal favorite is to go to bed on time. I’m the worst about staying up too late reveling in the quiet and solitude. But I always pay for it the next day, and so do my kids. I know many of you have kids who wake at night (my daughter still wakes up occasionally, too), but I find that getting myself to bed early still helps, even if my sleep gets interrupted.
- Edit Your Life Podcast Ep. 70: Current Media + Entertainment Favorites
- Edit Your Life Podcast Ep. 69: Making Room for Creativity
- Edit Your Life Podcast Ep. 68: Handling Heated Conversations
- Edit Your Life Ep. 67: Chasing Slow (Interview with Erin Loechner)
- Edit Your Life Ep. 66: Women, Networking & Money (Interview with Morra Aarons-Mele)