If you have a roll of kraft or butcher paper around, have the kids make a tablecloth. Cut a piece of paper a little larger than the size of your table. Then, let them go to town with crayons, markers, stickers, glue stick, and construction paper. When it’s done, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind table topper. Have the kids put it on the table themselves and then let them set it themselves, however they want. If the cup ends up in the middle of the plate, well hey, at least it’s still accessible.
- Edit Your Life Ep. 90: Easing Back to School Transitions [Rebroadcast]
- Raising Independent Kids [Edit Your Life Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 88: Happy Loud Life (Conversation with Jill Krause) [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 87: Why Kids Should Get Jobs [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 86: Managing Political Stress