If you have a roll of kraft or butcher paper around, have the kids make a tablecloth. Cut a piece of paper a little larger than the size of your table. Then, let them go to town with crayons, markers, stickers, glue stick, and construction paper. When it’s done, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind table topper. Have the kids put it on the table themselves and then let them set it themselves, however they want. If the cup ends up in the middle of the plate, well hey, at least it’s still accessible.
- Edit Your Life Ep. 98: The Four Tendencies (Interview with Gretchen Rubin)
- Edit Your Life Ep. 97: Moving Forward Under Stress [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 96: Downgrading Your Life [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 95: Parenting Siblings
- Episode 94: Raising Tech Positive Kids (Interview with Devorah Heitner)