Just came across a lovely article on Karen’s blog at Take2Max. The gimicky-sounding title, "Trusting Their Own Abilities: 6 Tips for Asset-Focused Parenting," almost turned me off, but I kept reading, and I’m glad I did. Some great advice there about the difference between praise and recognition, and about helping kids appreciate themselves as individuals.
- Edit Your Life Ep. 90: Easing Back to School Transitions [Rebroadcast]
- Raising Independent Kids [Edit Your Life Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 88: Happy Loud Life (Conversation with Jill Krause) [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 87: Why Kids Should Get Jobs [Podcast]
- Edit Your Life Ep. 86: Managing Political Stress